WE ARE OPEN and ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS! We are immediately available to answer your questions and discuss your case via telephone, video conferencing, or in person.

Call or email us today to schedule a consultation.

E-2 Treaty Investors Visas - FAQs

E-2 Treaty Investors Visas - FAQs

What is an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa?

An E-2 Treaty Investor Visa is a non-immigrant visa category that allows individuals from certain countries with treaties of commerce and navigation with the United States to enter the U.S. for the purpose of developing and directing a business in which they have invested a substantial amount of capital.

Who is eligible for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa?

To be eligible for an E-2 Visa, you must be a national of a country with a qualifying treaty with the United States. Additionally, you must make a substantial investment in a U.S. enterprise and seek to enter the U.S. solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise.

What qualifies as a substantial investment?

There is no specific dollar amount that qualifies as "substantial," as it varies depending on the nature of the enterprise. Generally, a substantial investment is one that is large enough to ensure the investor's financial commitment to the enterprise's success.

Can I renew my E-2 Visa?

Yes, E-2 Visas can be renewed as long as you continue to meet the visa requirements and maintain your investment in the U.S. enterprise.

Can my family accompany me on an E-2 Visa?

Yes, your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age can accompany you on an E-2 Visa. They can also apply for work authorization while in the U.S.

How long can I stay on an E-2 Visa?

E-2 Visa holders can stay in the U.S. for an initial period of up to two years, with extensions available as long as the qualifying investment and enterprise continue to meet the requirements.

Can I change my E-2 Visa to another visa type?

In some cases, E-2 Visa holders may be able to change their status to another visa category, such as an immigrant visa (e.g., EB-5) or another non-immigrant visa (e.g., H-1B). It's important to consult with an immigration attorney to explore these options.

How do I apply for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa?

To apply for an E-2 Visa, you must submit a petition and supporting documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. It is highly advisable to seek guidance from an experienced immigration attorney to navigate the application process successfully.

Contact Our Jacksonville E-2 Visa Lawyers

Navigate E-2 Treaty Investor Visa complexities with confidence. Consult Jacksonville's trusted immigration lawyers at The Law Office of Joanne M. Fakhre, P.A. Our dedicated team specializes in E-2 Visas, guiding you through the application process. We prioritize your success, ensuring your visa application stands strong. Don't let paperwork complexities hold you back; entrust your investment plans to experienced professionals.

Call us today for a personalized consultation and take the first step towards realizing your business dreams in the United States. Your vision, our expertise – let's make it a reality together.

Call (904) 447-1937">(904) 447-1937 today. Our Jacksonville investment visa lawyer can consult with you either in person, over the phone, or via Skype.